A few summers ago a friend’s bike light was stolen off his handlebars. Riding home that night a car smashed into him.
We’re a team of MIT entrepreneurs and engineers who made the world’s first anti-theft bike lights and have over 20,000 customers in 100 countries. Now we are pioneering a new category: MIT-engineered, City-Proof bicycle gear that is on track to become the new standard for urban cyclists.
This is one of our most recent product launches. The 2-min video is fun to watch.
In just two years we’ve built a following of thousands of city cyclists who we empower to bike with confidence, everyday. Now we need the right person to take this business and run with it!
Designed for rising professionals with gobs of raw talent and ambition, the Marketing marketing manager position requires a rockstar marketer who can serve as copywriter, blogger, social media maven, and PR manager.
- You’ve made incredible things happen – Facebook + Twitter a must, entrepreneurship a plus.
- Sense of humor – We laugh a lot. You should, too.
- Self-confidence – Nobody needs to tell you you’re awesome.
- Problem solving skills – If the business is growing, fires will happen.
- Attention to detail – Managing hundreds of pieces of content requires organization and focus.
- Integrity – We are honest with our customers and each other.
You must be able to hold your own in a verbal or (social network) exchange, think on your feet, and delight our customers without being micro-managed. We will coach you, but your drive will ultimately ensure your success.
What You Will Do
The job is split between creating new content to post, growing our social presence, and interacting with customers online.
- Planning new content for blogs, social media, and our website
- Creating and posting content
- Responding to customers on all of our social channels with lightning-quick speed and even quicker wit
- Advising executive management on growth strategies
- Implementing growth strategies
- Outreach to PR contacts for product reviews and general press
Basically, this an awesome opportunity to be the voice of a creative, fast-moving company. In compensation for all your hard work, you will earn a competitive salary, performance-based bonuses.
Please apply with a cover letter that is highly specific to the job posting. Otherwise it will be ignored. SHOW US that you are special.
We’re MIT grads who love building and love biking. Recognizing that bike gear isn’t built for true city cyclists, we build anti-theft bike accessories for urban bikers. Please join us at www.fortifiedbike.com. Contact tivan at fortifiedbike dot come